my two cents on skills

my two cents on skills

Wallace
VIP

 

Band of Brothers
FC Dzepovi
Makachev
Harambe

Was this post helpful?
16

0
1

I will start from GK, where I think the bigest random occurs. I am convinced that gk with the rating 35 is not worth the same as CB with the same rating. Like he may or may not have a good game but I never had CB with the game rating 1.0. skills wise, I would avoid the ones with low one-on-one, mental skills, handling.

CB - i would aim for high composure/decisions before tackling/marking/interception here. If we are talking about high level of competition. In lower leagues I would focus on physicial traits and decent technical skills.

LB/RB - if you have gazilion $, aim for something with high rating, sure (40 on physicial skills, 35 on technical and mental). If not, rating 28 will work I guess, I would focus on speed/marking/interceptions/solid mental skills.

CDM - I guess it is cheaper than high quality CB but I am not convinced that it makes such a difference to spend too much on it, given that they don't pass at all. Low composure , decisions = turnover machine, in my experience.

LM/RM - my favourite. Personally, strong passing is a must, speed, mental skills. Long shots are a bonus, crossing is rare to see.

CM - pure passers are still my favourites but again, you can go with a couple different options. Perfect one would have 45+ in passing, agility, speed, vision, decision, composure.
Or someone without high pass with strong physical skills, long shot, finishing.

ST - I personally would prefer high att positoning, composure, decisions, finishing. Pure target man with high heading/jumping is not as effeciant given the lack of players with high crossing, from my experience.

LW/RW - either a passer or long shot monster, don't care about dribling too much.
CAM- i have no idea here, perhaps some shadow striker would be ideal - finishing, att position, long shot.

All in all, in ideal lineup, I would love to see every player with 40+ in mental skills before anything else, but that is just my preference.

Also, I would never again waste 20+m on a GK unless I have surplus money/some level 35-36 is available. But only if you are in like top 8 in Champions league, otherwise just recylce some 30/31yo with 30-31 rating.

What are your impressions about skills/what engine likes/dislikes?
Kiwi
VIP

 

AFC Offside
StonesNSticks

Was this post helpful?
28

0
0

as above more or less

CDM= Marking, Interceptions, Passing/vision
Ball Control, Stamina

CAM = vision, ball control,passing
speed/dribbling

............
I know skills can be trained and not to hrd to work out what type of player/s they are,
but I would've like to see this besides players : Stopper , Ball Winning, play maker etc etc
esp those that cant gain or close to not gaining.
Marko
GAVIP

 

SERBIA FC
AUSTRIA FC

Was this post helpful?
210

0
0

This topic can be very interesting, good idea to start it, but I would rather stay aside, because I'm almost for sure not doing it in the best way, but if I write it, there is a chance that some will follow my principles although there are many better ways to search players based on skills or train those skills as well 😄
Kiwi
VIP

 

AFC Offside
StonesNSticks

Was this post helpful?
28

0
0

Marko said:

This topic can be very interesting, good idea to start it, but I would rather stay aside, because I'm almost for sure not doing it in the best way, but if I write it, there is a chance that some will follow my principles although there are many better ways to search players based on skills or train those skills as well 😄

Exactly!
I Sort ,the best skills/position vs wrong position and or
Im using the best training as an example of skills needed .