Is it just me, or are there way too many red cards given out in this game. I seem to get one every other game or so. They almost always happen in the first 20 minutes of the game, which means my club has no chance to win. In the last friendly cup game we played, my team got two red cards and the opposition got one, all within the first 25 minutes of the game. It was the first three comments in the play by play. This doesn't seem realistic and, for me, it kills the enjoyment.
Scout your players that get cards may reveal (see bolded)
Try playing soft tackles , test/ing this with those players that get cards.
If the same player/s get carded , then at a guess they have a trait called aggression.
I have two teams, it happens with both of them. I even set to soft tackles and it didn’t help much. It’s just not a realistic simulation to have the frequency of red cards. This doesn’t happen in real life.
Could/can you scout your players that are getting those cards?
Is it the same players getting those cards?
As mentioned in my last reply,
I'm fairly certain your player/s or those players that are getting red cards have "aggression factor" = causing those cards to appear.
@texg8r, @Kiwi - Yes, I can confirm that player's aggression(hidden stat) mostly affects on player's chance of getting yellow or red card in tackles. Although, those players have slightly higher chance to win the ball in tackles. It's probably the situation with your teams. Red cards frequency in Dugout Soccer is somewhat lower than in real life football 😀
Does a red card in a league match prevent a player from playing in international competitons? i am a bit confused at the moment, as I am making a lineup.
No! Red cards count only in competition where are received. More info will come in S3 Update - Part 2, but for CC, IC, CF Qualifications, Teams can use players that have red cards from League matches. Of course, not injured players.