I completely agree with you. This strategy in Makachev is, without a doubt, the best path.
The problem is that it could have been clearer how the academy works. Marko made it worse, much worse, and many of us only realized this in practice. Now, after investing so much money and spending so much time, I don’t see any advantage in reducing the structure to focus on buying ready-made players.
All that’s left for me is to hope that, at some point, Marko improves the academy setup or at least significantly reduces the maintenance cost.
In their defence, I've never seen an online manager game where people did not complain about youth/rookie system. And I have seen a lot of success with just ignoring that part of the game (investing average or below average ammount) and hoping for the best. It would be unreal for you to constantly pull 20+ rating rookies but I agree that at least 1-2 per season would be nice and that you should not see level 1 pulls at level 7 of youth academy, that just demoralise people. Perhaps they can increase the floor for the rating compared to your youth academy level, otherwise we are throwing money away on low-percent chance we get an average player in 7-8 seasons.
Since my Youth Academy reached level 6, the 7 players I've pulled have been Very Poor, Terrible, Very Poor, Very Poor, Poor, Below Average and Poor.
But today, I've pulled a 14 year old with a start rating of 18 and the scouts I sent have given him a rating of Excellent, Very Good and Exceptional ! I've got 6 scouts so its only a 72% accuracy but, even so, I'm hoping he'll develop into a very good player.
The season has ended, but I hope to see some changes. The first one must be made in the youth academy: the costs for just a level 5 are very high, and the incoming youngsters are really poor in quality. The disappointment is great because it’s pointless to invest in all the facilities, except the stadium.
It’s a game and we want to have fun after a long day. I still see too much randomness in match results, and the players on the bench are useless when they’re brought on during the match. Finally, I’d like to point out that there are still accounts active even after 6 months of inactivity.
This academy issue has been debated for a long time. I'm sure practically no one is in favor of the current setup. I believe Marko doesn't intend to change this structure. Therefore, my suggestion is that, since there's no intention to change it, at least the maintenance costs should be considerably reduced. It really doesn't make sense to spend such a large amount of money only to receive weak and mediocre players.
So far, these have been my youth intakes at academy level 7:
Rat 7 = Below Average
Rat 12 = Above Average
Rat 4 = Very Poor
Rat 6 = Very Poor
Rat 8 = Below Average
Rat 6 = Poor
Rat 12 = Above Average
Rat 3 = Very Poor
Totally discouraging...😒
kbondi97 said:
So far, these have been my youth intakes at academy level 7:
Rat 7 = Below Average
Rat 12 = Above Average
Rat 4 = Very Poor
Rat 6 = Very Poor
Rat 8 = Below Average
Rat 6 = Poor
Rat 12 = Above Average
Rat 3 = Very Poor
Totally discouraging...😒
Honestly these are not bad picks. Ofc could be better given the lvl 7 facilities but the Above Average and below average if trained good can be starters.
I can't speak for all the clubs, maybe some have already revealed players with "exceptional" or "world class" potential (despite seeing many complaints here about this), but, speaking for myself and some friends I've been following, the academy system is very poorly regulated, without the slightest possibility of comparison with the operation of v1. In v1 at level 5 it was already common every season to promote players with "very good" potential, there were always some "excellent", too. In lucky seasons, I saw players revealing even "exceptional" and "world class" with gym at level 5.
Now, in v2, I've had level 7 academy for a few days, we're already finishing the third season, I didn't miss any revelation of the schedule she released, and I didn't even get a player with "good" potential. In the gym level 7 I still got one with "terrible" potential and a "very poor" one ???????? There are no conditions.
If it were to reduce the chances of good revelations to change the game, that it was done in the right way, this was unbalanced, the cost of upgrade and maintenance of the buildings remains the same in v1, but no one reveals a good player, by the end of the fourth season, all clubs that have invested in academia, will be bankrupt with this system.
how often does the academy have correct in there guess on the potenial on players? and also the scouts kind of sucks when you never can have 100 % scouts imo
At the same precision percentage as your regular scouts. So, probably around 70% right now.