My stadium capacity is currently at 26,000, and my parking lot and restrooms are at level 7.
However, my academy is at level 8, ready to go up to level 9. But my balance is always in the negative because I can't afford its maintenance costs. Too much time and money have already been wasted for me to have to downgrade this facility now.
My question is because it was stated here on the forum that talented players would arrive at levels 5, 6, and 7. Yet here I am at level 8, and I have never received a single decent youth player. I don't know if it's even worth going to level 9. That's why I want to know from Marko if there is some kind of bad luck mechanism in this game. If it's not bad luck, it can only be something intentional to punish me for having publicly criticized this game so many times.
I've never had one that high to be honest, but I know when I ran the game, you needed to be in peak form in order to afford the high levels. It's always been luck based, and perhaps the odds need to be increased as from teams I've been viewing, there definitely seems to be a lack of talent around.
I can guarantee that he wouldn't have coded in anything to punish you though, I've known Serbia for a long time and he's not the type of person to do something like that - plus he'd rather spend development time on the game :-)
I hope your luck turns around though, and definitely hang in there, he's got big plans for the game :-)
The worst is still not even the imbalance, the fact that so far there is no World Class player in the DS after several seasons. The worst thing is the lack of clear information at the beginning, causing many to invest time and money in something that did not give sports results and now only gives financial losses. I, like many others, am in the negative for having invested in a grassroots academy with no expectation of being financially positive again and without having revealed the crap of a good player. I don't have money and no players, so Stephen, I'm sorry, but the game without you is totally broken. The only solution today is to finish adjusting everything that is missing and have a new reset in the game, because if you fix everything that is still missing and keep the game in the season and situation that is, several clubs will be leaving behind for mistakes that are not ours. The best of all was that you took over the game again, Stephen, but I believe that would be utopia.
Honestly, I think Serbia and N. are doing a great job, of course there's still a good amount to do - there was even more to do when I sold DS to them, especially with the YA if this is causing lots of people issues. But you must remember when I was gone for over a year haha. Serbia was the one who kept asking me for updates while I was busy with other things. The positive is that they're working hard on the game. I trust he'll get there :-)
I'm actually back to start playing the game again anyway, so I'll be here to chat with you all anyway :D
Hi Stephen and welcome back. Personally I think Marko is doing a great job. Like many others it's been a struggle in these first few seasons and I pushed my youth and training facilities too high too soon and paid financially but I think I've got it stabilized now having downgraded both of those facilities to level 6. I'm going to improve my other facilities before touching youth and training again.
I have managed to pull a couple of decent youths in these first few seasons (one of them was scouted as `very good` ) but what I'm finding difficult is training them. As there are so many skills to train now (I think it's 20) it's taking a long time to get their rating up but everyones in the same boat so that's fine.
I hope we don't get yet another reset. We've had quite a few over the years including, if I remember correctly, when you were running it.
Since I have 4 teams, I can perhaps give more examples.
In my 2 newest teams, the academy is at level 4. And so far, among the various pulls, I've only had 2 players with average and above-average potential in Royal Lusitans, and 1 below-average in Kaiser Wolves.
In Pomer City, the most I've managed with level 7 was one above-average player, with the rest of the usable players being average or below-average. The best rating I got was 18, if I'm not mistaken.
My best result so far was with Nordkysten, which also has an academy of 7, where I pulled 2 players with good potential. One of them started with a rating of 17 and the other with 23. However, all the rest are in the average potential range.
Besides not generating many players with acceptable potential, in some teams like Nordkysten, I will be very limited in increasing the levels of the academy and training center, since the number of managers is very low and this ends up not generating fans for the team, making it impossible to sustain it solely with ticket sales, having to always have good campaigns in the league and the Champions League to be able to cover maintenance costs with prize money.
Honestly, I think Serbia and N. are doing a great job, of course there's still a good amount to do - there was even more to do when I sold DS to them, especially with the YA if this is causing lots of people issues. But you must remember when I was gone for over a year haha. Serbia was the one who kept asking me for updates while I was busy with other things. The positive is that they're working hard on the game. I trust he'll get there :-)
I'm actually back to start playing the game again anyway, so I'll be here to chat with you all anyway :D
Welcome back Stephen, as you can see drama is always here 😄
Hi Stephen and welcome back. Personally I think Marko is doing a great job. Like many others it's been a struggle in these first few seasons and I pushed my youth and training facilities too high too soon and paid financially but I think I've got it stabilized now having downgraded both of those facilities to level 6. I'm going to improve my other facilities before touching youth and training again.
I have managed to pull a couple of decent youths in these first few seasons (one of them was scouted as `very good` ) but what I'm finding difficult is training them. As there are so many skills to train now (I think it's 20) it's taking a long time to get their rating up but everyones in the same boat so that's fine.
I hope we don't get yet another reset. We've had quite a few over the years including, if I remember correctly, when you were running it.
Keep up the good work Marko 👍
Glad to hear he's doing a good job! And yeah it's always a tough balancing act to get it all right - especially when the system is updated.
Ewerthon said:
Since I have 4 teams, I can perhaps give more examples.
In my 2 newest teams, the academy is at level 4. And so far, among the various pulls, I've only had 2 players with average and above-average potential in Royal Lusitans, and 1 below-average in Kaiser Wolves.
In Pomer City, the most I've managed with level 7 was one above-average player, with the rest of the usable players being average or below-average. The best rating I got was 18, if I'm not mistaken.
My best result so far was with Nordkysten, which also has an academy of 7, where I pulled 2 players with good potential. One of them started with a rating of 17 and the other with 23. However, all the rest are in the average potential range.
Besides not generating many players with acceptable potential, in some teams like Nordkysten, I will be very limited in increasing the levels of the academy and training center, since the number of managers is very low and this ends up not generating fans for the team, making it impossible to sustain it solely with ticket sales, having to always have good campaigns in the league and the Champions League to be able to cover maintenance costs with prize money.
I think you've hit the nail on the head there with the low fan count. If we had higher fans, reaching into the 20's and 30's, then affording larger facilities would be worthwhile. It's sometimes misleading when we see a top division that can't actually afford the better facilities yet... until more players arrive :P
Christos said:
Stephen said:
Honestly, I think Serbia and N. are doing a great job, of course there's still a good amount to do - there was even more to do when I sold DS to them, especially with the YA if this is causing lots of people issues. But you must remember when I was gone for over a year haha. Serbia was the one who kept asking me for updates while I was busy with other things. The positive is that they're working hard on the game. I trust he'll get there :-)
I'm actually back to start playing the game again anyway, so I'll be here to chat with you all anyway :D
Welcome back Stephen, as you can see drama is always here 😄
Thanks :-) Haha that's with all of life, always some drama to keep us entertained. Thankfully I'm on the other side of it all now :P
Marko, I noticed in the player search tab that there are many 17-year-olds with a rating over 20. There's even a team called 'Team Joker' that has 3 youngsters with a rating over 27. Meanwhile, the best I've ever received in 5 seasons—having been at academy level 8 for almost 2 months—was a 14 rating... And most of those who got rating 20 players haven't even reached level 8 of the academy yet.
Now explain to me, is this a punishment for publicly criticizing the game? If that's the case, let me know and I'll quit playing right now and never come back. Because it's very hard to understand how so many people received good players from the academy while being at lower levels.
We issue the last warning before the permanent forum ban. These kind of comments and accusations are unacceptable.
PS Topic locked, due to numerous posts since it is open, posts that are harmful, offensive and braking rules of the forum.