I'm not sure what is the question here, but I will try to give some helpful feedback, although some previous posts may cover that.
Averages of team teams: 25.3 vs 30.5
The difference is 5.2. That makes 2nd team a moderate favorite, but not the match that must go into their favor. This is like matchup 77.3 vs 82.5 rated teams (FIFA game title ratings). I gave some comparisons above, how 69-70 rated Cape Verde played 3 draws with teams rated 82-84 in average. In case of team 30.5 rated, that would be the same if the team 15-17 rated team played the draw (3 times in a row), which actually not really happens here, because the better team has somewhat higher chances to win in DS than the statistics says it happens in a real life football.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Once again, this can't be considered and compared only by this approach, because it is not completely representative how the ME works (it is rather very detailed), but this way, you can get some rough insight and feedback what is approximate difference between two teams just taking into account overalls.
Can/Could you explain the lost? In better Detail You've mentioned bots get a lesser increase, lesser home Adv I trying to figure out my loss
was it 4/4/2 vs my 4/2/2/2
If that advantage was removed, I can only assume the score would be worse, given the the factors.
First of all, thank you @Marko for trying to explain some of the mechanics of the current match engine.
I do appreciate your time.
7 games have been played in this league season, and I have just 2 victories.
In only one game this season I had ~strength with the opponent. And lost, it happens, evenly matched and random factor went the other way.
In all the other games I had the upper hand with quite a substantial margin, playing against teams that did not log in for many months or against bot teams.
Owner of the team did not log in since December 2025 - penalty
Players in wrong positions - penalty
Red card for one of his centre defenders in min 47 - penalty
I had home advantage.
He had much weaker team, especially in defence and attack.
Game ends in a draw. !!!???
I log in every day, do the training, set up the lineup with correct positions, buy new players to strengthen the team, have subs during the game to have fresh legs.
So if all the above don't matter. What does?
If this happens 4-5 times a season I will put that under the world cup explanations that you had several times. The world cup is played every 4 years and you always see surprises. But the frequency that I see lately in the game is once every 2-3 games, I see an issue.
If you fail to see that as well, than you will not act to correct it.
This is not me ranting, this is me speaking out for a game that I do care and I want to see it successful.
I wish that we stop the users silently quitting and retain the ones that are still active.
I see that every season you are improving the game experience, and some of the updates are very welcomed.
Keep going and, at some point, please focus on the ME.
Thanks for your answers!
Slightly off topic, but I think training-algorithm is a somewhat related topic:
- Are there skills, that are generally trained faster than others? If so, are these differences same for each player (IDK, just saying random skills, i.e. compsoure developes slower than other skills, while shot power develops faster), or can some players be more "talented" in some skills than others? Are players develop the same rate always (below the skill-cap of that given player of course), or is it to some extent random wether a player develops +0,4 or +0,6 with a training, it is just determined that with x potential, he will improve around +0,5 in this example with some standard deviation around this average?
- Is the level of the skill affect how fast a player develops (i.e. below level 30 it is easier to develop than above)?
- Are younger players develop generally faster than older ones or just being U16 or being in the bloom period matters and not the age itself?
- Am I correct to assume that early bloom is somewhere 17-19, normal between 20-22 and late is 23-25, or are these guesses off?
Sorry if this is too much question or if it is too off topic, if so, please let me know where and how I could ask these questions.
Thanks in advance!
- Are there skills, that are generally trained faster than others? I would say no, but you'll need to scout your players age 30 and under
The Yes answer is youth boom period or a younger players boom period or a players boom period
If so, are these differences same for each player (IDK, just saying random skills, i.e. compsoure developes slower than other skills, while shot power develops faster), or can some players be more "talented" in some skills than others? Not that I know or have observed
Are players develop the same rate always (below the skill-cap of that given player of course), or is it to some extent random wether a player develops +0,4 or +0,6 with a training, it is just determined that with x potential, he will improve around +0,5 in this example with some standard deviation around this average? Keep track of your own players, an see my above answer
Im tracking my players OA not there skills, If I was skilled a google doc training thingy, that would be the way to track skills
unless the players skill/s show yellow, I believe that's the maximum for that skill.
- Is the level of the skill affect how fast a player develops (i.e. below level 30 it is easier to develop than above)? As above you'll have to scout your players, and its boom period when they gain fastest.
Retirement
At some stage in life, even footballers have to call it a day. So, when they decide to do that, they will let you know at the beginning of their last season. This is by way of having a marker next to their name. Players retire between the age of 31 and 39 (33 and 41 for a goalkeeper).
Players of 30 years and over cannot improve their skills.
- Are younger players develop generally faster than older ones or just being U16 or being in the bloom period matters and not the age itself? I believe its the boom period and as long as the player isnt to close to 30
- Am I correct to assume that early bloom is somewhere 17-19, normal between 20-22 and late is 23-25, or are these guesses off?
Whilst in their youth, until their 17th birthday, and in their bloom years that come later, players train at a faster rate than the normal rate. By scouting a player, you can determine whether his bloom stage comes sooner, after he turns 17, or later, in his early 20s. The bloom period lasts for 3 seasons.
Most of the above is found in the Manual
also you can found your teams players page, ticked or check the training box You'll see players improvement/gains
I'm not sure how long the page lasts
New seasons it may be wiped clean, screenshot or snipit is your friend.
I conceded 4 goals with 1 player advantage (after opposing team got red card).
No one scored 4 goals against me in like 2 seasons in Brazil, let alone with one player advantage. So we have similar squads and I played at home, he scored 4 goals from 7 shots while missing 1 player. There is no rational explanation, I am just showing it for fun :)