Just looking at the transfer market and one team currently has 9 17-year old players on there. I've scouted 6 of them (I only have 6 scouts so can't do more today) as I'm interested in buying them :- 2 of them are Below Average, 1 is average, 2 are above average and the other is good. Just wondering how a team can have so many good recruits when most people seem to be getting poor or worse ?. Also, looking at their reserve squad, they seem to have loads more coming through too.
What level youth academy would you need to get so many good youths ?
You can check the player search tab and filter for 17-year-old players; you'll see how many clubs have youth players with a rating over 20. I spent a long time with a level 8 academy and never managed to pull a talented one. I must just be really unlucky. After losing so much money on academy maintenance costs, I decided to downgrade to level 4, and I've been getting players similar to what I got at level 8.
Youth academies seem to be pure luck, considering all my investment was completely wasted, while plenty of people are pulling youth players with ratings of 20, 30...