Has anyone there at level 6 managed to pull any promising youth talent with a rating above 20 at least? Here at level 6, my last two scouting pulls gave me two players with terrible talent, both rated below 5. According to Marko, “To pull players with very high potential it's necessary to have the YA at least at level 4–5 or 6,” but that doesn’t seem to be the case. As far as i know, only Howie123 managed to get a talented player rated above 20, and he was still at level 5. Has anyone at level 6 managed to get anything close to that?
The youth academy is very unregulated. In v1, at level 5 it was already possible to promote some player of "excellent" potential, and it was very common to promote players with "very good" potential, "good" potential, so not to speak.
Then when Stephen started the development of v2 everything was unregulated upwards. Before level 5 of academia it was already possible to reveal players with "world class" potential.
Now it's deregulated down. There is no way to come some player from the academy with better potential than "above average". It's not normal. That way we won't have good players in the game for a long time. Even because, from level 5 of academy, it becomes economically unfeasible to sustain the buildings without having a return of quality players to sell.
Yeah, I agree. At this point I'm just wondering if it's more beneficial to go for Training complex and wait for youngsters to come to the market. Weekly maintenance would be a big jump if we build them simultaneously. Which means we stay at the same level players-wise for a while.
As well as the player kbondi97 mentioned above (who I managed to pull aged 14 with a rating of 28 and 'good' talent), I did get one other with a level 5 academy who came back with a 'good' rating from 5 scouts although he was 17 and a pretty low start rating so probably won't amount to much. I've just been able to improve my academy to level 6 so will see what I get now.
I've been developing the youth academy, training ground and scout centre simultaneously and all are now at level 6 but without being able to sell some players I don't think I'll be able to continue along that path with the costs of the next levels. As Osemka8 says, I'd probably need to sell some decent players to keep up with the increased costs but apart from the 2 youths I mentioned above, all the others I've pulled have been rubbish and their development has been very slow on a level 5 training ground.
I share everything. My academy is at level 5 and only one player has made it into the first team with a decent level. Maybe the academy structure needs a small adjustment; it’s a game and we should have fun too.
For sure. Here at level 6, my last six youth academy players came in with low talent and ratings below 10. Meanwhile, I have two starters about to retire. That makes things really difficult. Spending 2.4M per week on Youth Center maintenance and not getting a single decent player for the team… it’s tough.
I wanted to share my experience with the youth academy. Today it was finally completed up to level 5; before that, it was under construction.
My question is: if it is under construction — in this case for level 5 — doesn’t that logically mean it is already considered to be at that level? Because otherwise, it would be impossible to keep seeing really very poor players every 4 days.
From today, now that it has been completed, I believe more talented young players should start arriving. I kindly ask for clarification.
What seems to be the construction time is actually the waiting time to level up to the next level. When you click “upgrade,” you immediately advance one level.
And about your statement, “I believe more talented young players should start arriving." I wish that were true. I’ve already done 12 scouting trials at level 6 and only terrible players have come. I’ll wait for level 7, if it continues the same way, i’ll quit the game for good. Paying 4M per week just to keep receiving weak players with ratings below 10 is completely discouraging.
And about your statement, “I believe more talented young players should start arriving." I wish that were true. I’ve already done 12 scouting trials at level 6 and only terrible players have come. I’ll wait for level 7, if it continues the same way, i’ll quit the game for good. Paying 4M per week just to keep receiving weak players with ratings below 10 is completely discouraging.